"Fake" News About Who Will Go To Heaven: Exposed.
(Top Five Beliefs Which Will Keep "Religious" People Out of Heaven)
Fake News Reports You May Have Heard:
1. "All who believe that God exists will be saved." (Congratulations: these "all" have arrived at the same level of faith as demons):
James 2:19-20 KJV "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"
2. "All 'good' people of all religions will be saved."(This implies that salvation is a product of each individual's good deeds even apart from submission and obedience to God's truth):
Romans 3:23 KJV "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
John 14:6 KJV "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
3. "Religious people who follow the teachings and traditions created by men will be saved." (Put simply, this is trusting the words of men more than the words of God):
Romans 10:1-3 KJV "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."
Mark 7:7-9 KJV "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."
4. "All who call Jesus their Lord will be saved." (This implies that what we say is more significant than what we actually do in matters of faith):
Matthew 7:21 KJV "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Luke 6:46 KJV "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"
5. "The Grace of God universally covers all people's sins, even if they do not believe and obey the Gospel."
Titus 2:11-12 KJV "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."
2Th 1:7-9 KJV "And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"
**For MORE information, questions or further study: Contact Robert at 724 681 2724 tarentumchurchofchrist.com